We are Kuda, an unusual bank on a mission to change the way Nigerians spend, save and manage their money, and we’re looking for a self-starter to join our fast-paced team as a Backend Engineer.
This is a great opportunity for you to grow and set yourself on the path to an amazing career.
At Kuda, you will:
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Build APIs that serve our frontend apps as well as other clients
- Refactor and improve existing code to incorporate better patterns
You’ll be considered for this role if you:
- Have 2+ years' experience working as a backend developer
- Have in-depth understanding of C#, .NET, HTML
- Have a deep understanding of Source Code Management
- Have in-depth understanding of Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS)
- Have a great understanding of databases and SQL
- Have in-depth understanding of REST APIs, SOAP & RPC
- Have in-depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Are able to do technical writing and API documentation
- Are familiar with project management tools (e.g Trello, Jira, etc)
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Love to help people
- Can take the initiative and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
A few reasons to work at Kuda:
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Reliable health insurance
- Weekly gym passes