We are Kuda, an unusual bank on a mission to change the way Nigerians spend, save and manage their money, and we’re looking for a self-starter to join our fast-paced team as a Frontend Engineer.
This is a great opportunity for you to grow and set yourself on the path to an amazing career.
At Kuda, your responsibilities will include:
- meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- identifying web-based user interactions.
- translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- documenting application changes and developing updates.
- developing new user-facing features using React.js
- building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
You’ll be considered for this role if you:
- you can work with CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- have experience with user interface design
- have experience working as a React.js Developer
- possess the knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux
- are familiar with task runners like Grunt, Webpack
- can work on large-scale/complex front-end projects
- can empathize with the many different types of users who use Kuda
- can think through product requirements to come up with ways of quickly solving problems
- care deeply about performance, accessibility, and application design
- can communicate what you’re working on to non-technical stakeholders
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have graphic design ability and are familiar with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- have knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
- have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- have previously worked on fintech products
A few reasons to work at Kuda:
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Reliable health insurance
- Weekly gym passes